Sunday, September 21, 2008

Touring the German Wine Country


We were lucky enough yesterday to be invited by some friends to tour the German wine region about 200km from here. We started our day in Diedersheim, a gorgeous town in the heart of the Pfalz region. This is where we got to do some wine tasting and observe a wedding. The photo of the two sawing a log is to show how well they work together:*)

Then we were off to lunch in Wachenheimburg, a medieval castle ruin that archeologists are currently digging. From there, it was on to Germany's largest wine fest. Let me add that serving 1/2 litre glasses of wine at a carnival is NOT a good idea!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am CRAZY about your photos of the window and door....I do that too! I love those shots; but mine don't turn out as well as yours ;-)

I think that castle ruin/dig site was pretty cool, too. Even better that you could go with friends.